Thursday, January 18, 2007

Foreigner

I have been here long enough,longer than I now realize.I just came back from France as you would have read in the last post. Well, I had a great time in those 6 months,ans ironically,that was when I wasnt there,on a vacation.But still,I had a 'foreign' trip.Cool, isnt it?Atleast I went out,travelled,had fun,isnt it??But these six months have been a revelation.Just six months,and I have realized how foreign I am now.But I learned to survive,survive without those who care about you,and those who make you do things you do,just with a few guys you barely know to call them friends straightaway,and who are as listless as you are at this sudden influx of loneliness.Finally, all you have is you,and that is when you know you are in a place you don belong to.But a simple question,Is that condition necessary and sufficient??As in,am I right to then say that one who feels this way anywhere,simply put,'doesnt belong','doesnt fit',is a foreigner?I wish to differ,but cant,and its not completely due to the fact that I have defined 'foreign' here myself,in part yes,but not completely.If that is so,maybe I am a foreigner,no less than I was in France,maybe even more,because atleast I knew it was no use expecting anything from the French.And now that I see it,I turned into a foreigner much before I left for France.You can never define certain things,except that it pains you to see that they exist.People you care about being too busy for you,waiting alone for someone to be free to have a chat with,being left out as non existant out of certain conversations,and the like.One tends to get itchy,dizzy,tense or irritated.I am all 4 of them.You somehow lose your ability to conduct a meaningful interesting conversation due to their lack in the past,but ironically,you grow outof a need for them.One starts living alone,closed and scared.You cant blame someone for not giving you time now,can you???I mean,all things apart,you dont own them.They got far more important things in life than talking to a lonely chap like you.You see 3 party talks turning to dialogues without you,you see phone calls turning to sms' turning to scraps and finally getting lost somewhere in the wide world.You never got them,and thats not because of the zillion bugs flaoting around in the cyberosphere,that was because they were never sent.And the worst part about this is,you dont want pity.You tell this to anyone and you get the 'poor chap' look,with pity in the eyes,they say how sorry they are because you are lonely,but hey got work to do,and you,sitting idle with nothing to do expect them to be with you,talking to you round the clock.You gone crazy??Who's got time?You got tons to do,but you sit alone thinking,brooding over your misery,and finally trying to fit in.But then you are those many months out of sync with no information,to laugh on derived and related puns or snide remarks etc,because you werent there,and you dont know.Maybe thats the time you should realize that no matter what you say or do,you are a foreigner,and that not only because you went out of the country, you went out of their lives and minds too.You got to accept your fate in this 'foreign' land,and it tears me in parts,and yet I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude..... you've got great style, good writing and no logic. Whatever you've said in this post was total crap though it was said well.

Who the fuck has forgotten about you or doesn't include you in 3-way conversations?

Fuck dude it's a pity we can't see ourselves from the outside. Maybe then you'd realize how wrong you are about your presumed exclusion from the worlds of those you care about.
About how wrong you are when you say they have more important things than talking to a lonely chap like you.
About how wrong you are when you say you're a foreigner here, of all places, a foreigner at home.

Aragorn said...

@doc
well maybe the who is better left unsaid.but also,it wasnt just about my trip to France,this is a culmination of a long long time.I cant see myself from the outside,but then its too painful inside itself.
Life doesnt treat us all alike dude.Its got something for everyone,the sucker punch.

Anonymous said...

well what to say
seems tht we really did somethng wrong. sorry yaar
itni deep meanings waali poem mat likha kar darr lagta hain
u r nt a foeigner
u are a permanent resident in r hearts nt allowed to go even if u want to