Thursday, October 12, 2006

Live life,Dont spend it

I am a little shocked,
and hurt a lot.
Because the friends who mean the world,
have stopped giving life another shot.

I talked to a friend of mine,
whos pretty close to me.
She's tense because she has got a goal,
and failure she cant bear to see.

I asked her to be happy,
to focus,to be confident and strong.
coz that is what will help her,
to finally hit the victory gong.

I asked her to stop fretting,
to stop being nervous and tense.
To face her mistakes,her weaknesses,
and stop using them as a pretence.

She stands alone,I told her,
the test is hers alone.
She has got to get strong,
coz only the best gets the bone.

Another friend of mine,
also threw the towel in.
She was upset,sad,depressed,
and had created a huge din.

I asked her to stop crying,
to stop regretting for what is gone.
I asked her to come up and rise,
to be happy again,to be reborn.

I ask all my friends and loved ones alike,
life is a precious gift.
Sadness,troubles cant see you happy,
with them,you'll always have a rift.

But you yourself are most important,
more than anyone in the world you know.
Just stop listening to others and ask your heart,
you'll know what way to go.

Others will always speak,
they will always say "WRONG YOU ARE".
But its upto you to decide,
you wanna lead or be left behind far.

Its your life,and you should lead,
whatever way you find is fit.
And bear in mind what I always say,
"Live life dont spend it".

Hope I helped someone with my view point.acknowledgements invited

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well d poem was awsome!
but dear apply b4 advising
are yo sure you are living life n ot spending it?
be honest to urself

Phoenix said...

Exactly.

Practice what you preach Arbit...but then, i don;t blame you too much.It's always easier said then done.
No quitters would ever win right, so tell your friends (all 'she's, err?) to buy some patience and just hold on.
the darkest hour is always just before the dawn

Anonymous said...

hi...its amazing yaar...thanx a ton....u right abt evrything u wrote......thanx agn.......

Anonymous said...

AAAAAH! What grand words!
you've changed my outlook.
you've rejuvinated my life, dear!
can I ever thank you enough !?

skar said...

dei,

Are you living life or spending it? Ask yourself that first. And why this sudden urge to write poems? And why this spurt in female companions? And why do they all come crying to you? I think you have a depressing air about you that makes women cry when they are near you =))

Aragorn said...

@karthik
mayb u r right,or mayb u r wrong.i m not too sure.as far as female companions are concerned,i would not be talkin like this abt male frnds,or someone would think i bend the other way.:P